What is the most unexpected hardship you’ve faced in retirement?
If you said something like disillusionment or lack of meaning, you’ve come to a the right place to reclaim the zest in your life.
Giving up work can create a gaping whole where a positive identity, status and purpose used to live.
Yes, you may have more freedom and time to do whatever you want.
But sleeping in late and having endless lazy days can start to become tiresome, boring, and ultimately lead to completely languished passion for living.
The fact is, we all have a need to feel useful, purposeful, contributing, and connected. This need really does not disappear for us in retirement as these drives feed our self-worth and self-image. In retirement we may just have to find them in a different way than we did previously.
How do I know this?
Because I went through the highs and then lows that early retirement can bring when I retired with no future planning and without purpose.
I got lost, and I experienced all the negative emotions that came with a lack of direction and goals.
My redemption finally came when I hired my own coach who worked with me to help me re-establish my enthusiasm for action and commitment to find a new direction in my life.
This is how I eventually came to have my own coaching business.
You may be wondering:
“In what ways is coaching so life changing that it’s a truly momentous value for money?”
Please take a moment and reflect deeply on this question
What would you be prepared to pay to ensure that the rest of your life was a successful and happy one?
To ensure you achieve some of the things that you always dreamed of achieving in your life?
To guarantee that you come to the end of your days with a smile of real satisfaction on a life that was well worth living?
My guess is you would pay an awful lot of money. Thousands maybe even tens of thousands.
You have only one life and if you are not getting from it what you want, is it not worth investing in to give you the best chance of attaining the life that you want?
The great news is that good quality coaching can help and support you to make the changes in your life so that you can achieve your goals and desired outcomes and it really does not have to cost the earth.
With me as your coach, you’ll learn how to put fulfillment back in your life!
What are people saying about Derek Life Coaching?
Jimmy Petruzzi – Peak Performance Coach, Best Selling Author, Broadcaster & NLP Expert:
“I have been mentoring Derek Dolan for the past 4 years, in that time I have found Derek to be thoughtful and kind toward others. I can confirm that he is a man of great integrity; I can confidently recommend Derek as a solid and reliable professional, who through the use of learning various modalities has become a true expert in his field. I look forward to working with Derek for many years to come”
Karl Morris -World renowned Performance Mind Coach:
“Someone who has impressed me as a coach is Derek Dolan. His main forte is getting people to change their patterns, habits and beliefs which no longer serve them in a particular context. Derek will then assist his clients to install the patterns which help propel them towards their desired outcomes. It was a thorough pleasure for me to mentor Derek through to his Mind Factor Master Certification which he achieved in true professional style. I have every confidence in recommending you work with Derek knowing you will be completely satisfied with the outcome”
Tim Brownson – Highly successful life coach of over 10 years
“There are three things I look for when I’m training other coaches to get an understanding of how successful they will be. 1) Are they wanting to coach because of a strong desire to help others, rather than just make money? 2) Do they truly want to learn and to keep on learning? 3) Do they show up and do the work so they can be the best coach possible? Not only does Derek tick all three boxes, but he’s a super nice guy and is turning into a kick-ass coach. I’d have no problem referring people to him and that’s the highest compliment I can pay a fellow coach.”
Introducing the Transition Into Retirement Coaching Program!
9 Ways to Know if This Program is Right for You
- You’ve given no thoughts to what you’ll do in your retirement years
- You’re daunted, overwhelmed and apprehensive about retirement and what it means for you
- You have a financial plan but are not prepared in other areas of retirement life
- You don’t know if you should retire or not
- You’re already retired, but life isn’t like you thought it would be
- You want a new purpose in retirement life
- You still have hopes and dreams to attain
- You have some idea for a retirement life plan but need a little help with it
- You want to have a successful and enjoyable retirement life
How Retirees Are Re-Inventing Themselves
What makes for a successful retirement is very individual and personal; it can mean so many things to different people. We all want to make a difference in the world, which means using our values, ideas, skills, experiences, talents, wisdom and knowledge to affect positive change in ourselves and others.
Today’s retirees are not conforming to the yester-year’s retirement model. In the past, one saw retirement as a time to put your feet up and relax in a life of leisure. Today, retirement means potentially living 20 to 30 more years, allowing retirees to seize the opportunity to re-invent themselves and live life to its fullest.
That said, my coaching services won’t be perfect for everyone, as there are limitations to both my training and the kind of experience I’m looking for with my clients.
How can YOU have a fulfilling and happy retirement?
- You can continue working but in another career altogether
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit so you can start your own business
- You choose to help mentor or tutor the younger generations
- You want to travel the world and explore what it has to offer
- You want to give back to the community and do volunteer work
- You decide to relocate to another area of the country or world
- You write the book you always wanted to write
- You decide to go back to school and learn new skills
What Kids of Benefits Will You See From This Program
- You’ll learn what your current preparedness for retirement is and understand the importance of flexibility and adaptability to ensure you can live the best possible retirement life.
- You won’t be unprepared for retirement, wasting time procrastinating about what to do next.
- You’ll have a positive attitude about retirement.
- You’ll feel confident that you’re more prepared for retirement life and its transitional period.
- You’ll have a better understanding of the plethora of benefits associated with retirement and how to avoid issues that hinder retirees.
- You’ll have some clarity into what your purpose in retirement will be, allowing you to shape your own
- You can create your own “Retirement Life Plan” – ensuring you have the best opportunities to live a happy, productive retirement life.
The Retirement Successful Profile, a comprehensive evaluation that determines your retirement readiness, will tell us exactly where to begin our work together.
This assessment is scientifically designed, validated and proven as an effective tool to help you think about and prepare for your retirement. Your responses to the questions reveal insights into your current attitudes and opinions about work, relationships, family life, leisure, etc. as they relate to retirement.
You may have focused your time on the financial aspects of retirement planning, but most people have not put much attention toward the health, physical and emotional aspects of retirement life.
As your Certified Retirement Coach, I will help you understand the discoveries and insights your assessment has revealed and work with you to build on the foundation to design your “Retirement Life Plan” and attain your retirement dream.
Your Core Values and Life’s Purpose in Retirement
Your core values play a huge part in your decision-making process throughout your life and your resultant actions.
When you live within those core values, your life is probably in a good place. However, when you don’t live within those core values, you may feel like things are going wrong. This can cause you to be unhappy. Most people don’t realize how important happiness is to living a full life.
Once you’ve been through this part of the program, you’ll learn what your true values and how to use them in your life to make better decisions that give you the retirement life you desire.
If you ever wondered what your Life Purpose in Retirement, you’re not alone. Many people go into retirement thinking they’ll take some time off and relax. Then, they start thinking about what they’re going to do next. The problem is that they become trapped in an endless loop of doing nothing and are bored.
I know this only too well, as it happened to me when I took an unplanned early retirement. Believe me, it’s hard to get re-engaged with life, and I needed some help and advice to make it happen.
It’s well-known that retirees who have the most successful and rewarding retirements are ones that planned their retirements well and live them with purpose and meaning. Everything becomes easier when we live a life filled with purpose. We experience more successes, fulfillment and joy.
For many people, their true-life purpose evolves as they get older; many others have yet to discover theirs. Retirement can give you an amazing opportunity to discover the purpose.
As a Certified Life Purpose Coach, I can teach you the powerful tools and strategies to find your purpose and passion. We will create goals and plans to attain your desired outcomes – to live your retirement life with purpose.
There will also be other retirement exploration exercises and powerful questions to help you discover your own truth. These questions will be used to help you better understand your beliefs, perceptions, thoughts, feelings and more.
How to Get the Most Out of the Transition Into Retirement Coaching Program
You’re going to do some work in the program to ensure you get the benefits you want. After all, this is your program, and you only get the benefits if you are fully engaged in it. There will be times that will be mentally challenging and thought-provoking – you may even become emotional. However, it will also be fun and pleasurable to find your true self.
If you’re committed to the process, I can almost guarantee that at the end of the program, you’ll come out with the better understanding and vision of what a successful retirement life will look like for you.
Then, you can make plans to make that happen.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following, then this coaching program can help you:
- Do you feel apprehensive when you think about retirement?
- Do you want more out of your retirement life?
- Do you feel the old traditional retirement is not for you – that you have more to give?
- Do you still have dreams and desires that you want to attain?
- Do you feel you could still be productive in the years you have left?
- Do you think you could build upon your legacy?
- Do you want to feel that your life was worth living when your end of days come?